because sleepy lambs are the cutest lambs

because sleepy lambs are the cutest lambs
because today is the first day of spring,
and because that makes things feel different somehow.

like there’s change on the horizon,
like something good is about to happen
like something great is just around the corner
and i like that.

and isn’t this lamb the cutest ever?
i just wanted to pick her up and bring her home.
i even momentarily convinced myself that
maybe it would be okay to have a lamb as a pet.

that’s all for now.
hope your day is grand!

//////
this makes me miss trips to mexico
a dark grey pleated skirt
a two zip wallet in jewel orange
a pile of crocks
this is beautiful
creams and whites and a little book (via)
i thought these were cute
and the photo is by michael graydon on a recent trip we took to vancouver island

posted on March 20, 2012 by Nikole

1. Amber says:

I just love their folded up skins – as though they have yet to grow into them – some of my happiest childhood memories are of feeding baby lambs with their little tails waggling like mad whilst they were feeding. Happy days!

2. Hannah says:

Seriously, there are few things more adorable. That baby lamb looks so sweet. Happy spring dear!

3. Melinda says:

Happy first day of spring, Nikole! xox

4. Lambs are the sweetest! Happy first day of spring!

5. furry 2000 says:

Wished you were still here in Victoria to see how much those lovely little lambs have grown.
    They are growing so quickly into their skin… Every morning when we awake, we can hear them calling for their moms.

6. arounna says:

oh my what cuteness – I want one too!

7. catarina says:

oh no, so sweet!

happy spring to you :)

8. Benvinda says:

Adore your blog.
    Happy spring!

9. Nickolena says:

my best friend raised sheep. they are so shy. the best thing is all the cats she has cause she lives on a farm

10. [...] bet these sleepy lambs have sleepiness warmth. What do you think? Also, messed up. This entry was posted in Uncategorized [...]

11. Lucie says:

Love this sleepy lamb!(and the skirt! ;) )

12. sleep lambs really are the cutest — and yes, do love the feeling of something amazing about happen at any moment, that always seems to accompany springtime . . .

x

13. Dawnette says:

Why I could never eat lamb. Sweetest face ever

14. Great photo – and great ears! We have 34 baby lambs bouncing around the barnyard so far this year, and it’s total cute overload. The ones who take a while to grow into all their wrinkles are always so sweet. :)

15. [...] bois / wood radio 3. Illustration de plume / feather print 4. Oh / oh 5. Sac rayé / striped bag 6. Agneaux / lambs 7. Baguettes / chopsticks 8. Camisole en tricot / knitted top 9. Lampe de table / table [...]

16. Trudie says:

i love this photo! it makes me want to hug someone!
    I just discovered your blog, it’s wonderful.

17. So adorable! Just found this entry and it reminded me of the lamb I posted around the same time of the year…if you like. take a look:http://www.lebenslustiger.com/serendipity/archives/108-Happy-Easter….html
    greetings from Germany, Anette